- Planning and preparing effective English classes
- The skills to analyse language
- To understand and respond to the needs of learners
- Methodology for effective delivery of lessons
- Class management skills
- Effective use of published materials
- Creating customised material to suit learners.
English language courses develop students’ General English language skills and work on reading, writing, listening and speaking. They also contain work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
Each course is carefully balanced and structured to teach non-native adult speakers and to help the students:
- gain confidence in English
- learn and use a range of vocabulary
- develop grammatical accuracy, and learn grammatical patterns and tenses
- improve pronunciation, intonation and rhythm
- become more fluent in students’ speaking in real contexts
- improve listening so students understand English spoken by native speakers
- develop reading and writing skills.
LEARNING OUTCOMESRead, write, speak, listen and view to construct meaning of written visual and oral text.
- Read with understanding and respond thoughtfully to a variety of texts.
- Speak and write English proficiently.
- Create works using the language arts in visual, oral and written texts.
- Choose and apply strategies that enhance the fluent and proficient use of language arts.
- Understand and appreciate texts from many historical periods and culture.
- Employ the language arts for lifelong learning, work and enjoyment.
Course syllabus click here
2 Years 6 Months
JAN, JUN, OCT
Pass SPM/'O' Level/SM 3 - minimum 3 credit or its equivalents.
ZHENG HE (0% INTEREST)
DIPLOMA IN ENGLISH
The aim of the English Project is to promote awareness and understanding of the unfolding global story of the English language in all its varieties – past, present and future.
The course teaches the basics of English Course methodology including: